Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Random Thoughts Part I

One year ago today I was having extensive surgery on my foot...took about 4 hours. The Ertl amputation for next Tuesday is scheduled to take a mere 3 hours.

* * * * *

Talked to the surgeon this afternoon, went over the last details. Residuum. Epidural. IPOP.

I can't believe it at times. Surreal.

* * * * *

Feeling a little stressed, occasionally curse what is about to happen to me, what I am doing to myself.

Later I was driving Jen to pick up her car at the shop...she and our friend Nancy had been chatting about kayaking...we have talked about getting some boats. Nancy said, you know Jen, when he gets that new running leg you're never going to go kayaking!

And that makes me smile. Okay, the day after a long run. No, really we will. I promise! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment