Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Circle Game

Today was my third session of PT. We worked the knee pretty hard yesterday and I was expecting some resistance to further motion.

As I stepped into the exercise bike pedals I was not expecting much. I still could not complete a full rotation and cycled in alternating directions, pushing a little more when the knee said stop. Stop now. 

Will Avery, my PT, was very supportive as I pushed the motion, with more emphasis on the normal rotation, but tugging for a little more range of motion over the top. I felt a little progress being made, more than I thought possible.

Could I?

And then it happened. I put a death grip on the side handles, and with my eyes closed in a place far, far away, I came around.

I kept going.

Nearly two weeks to the hour post-op:

One complete, perfect, sweet circle of glory.

And another.

And another.

And I let myself think:


maybe.


little miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment