Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The Long and Winding Road

My first 3D printed inner socket

 
 It has been a while since I worked on this blog, which is basically and account of my amputee running journey.

I intent to restart soon as I am attempting to qualify for the 2023 Boston Marathon, which will be the 10 year anniversary of my first marathon...and one that will live forever in history in the love that rose from the ashes of hate.

Much has happened in the time from my last postings until now. Lost family, new residence, and considerable prosthetic trials.

It has been a journey I could never have anticipated, yet one I embrace daily. I will be 70 should I make it to the starting line in Hopkinton in 2023. Covid has had a shouting say in our lives that may yet cause disruptions, but there is nothing I can do about that.

What I am doing is training to my goal, aided by a tremendously dedicated prosthetist - Shane Grubbs - who has gone far beyond the extra mile in getting me back to consistent training.

We cannot know what tomorrow will bring, yes, life is that box of chocolates.

Let us have One More.





No comments:

Post a Comment